- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The HomeGrown Gourmet "Summer Fool" Recipe Video
|Mixed berries||64 Ounce|
|Organic cane sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian bread loaf||1 Large, crust removed|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped with 1 tablespoon of sugar|
|Vanilla extract/Vanilla bean, sliced||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 483 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.9 mg
Sodium 395.2 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 45.1%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, put together the frozen berries and sugar; let the berries thaw and the sugar melt to make a sauce.
2. Remove the crust of bread and butter the bread on one side; do not cover the surface completely with butter.
3. In a large bowl, line the bottom with cling film and line the bottom with buttered bread.
4. Fill with berry sauce until 1 ½ to 2 inch height.
5. Add more of buttered bread and add sauce again; repeat the process until the bowl is almost full.
6. Bring the edges of the cling film on the top layer of the dish.
7. Place a cover that is slightly smaller in size than the bowl opening.
8. Place a weight on top for the dish to set.
9. Place the bowl in the freezer to set.
10. Unmold from the cling film and place the summer cool dessert in a plate.
11. In a large bowl, mix vanilla with whipped cream.
12. Top the summer cool dessert with some more berry sauce and top with a dollop of vanilla flavored whipped cream.