- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Homegrown Gourmet presents Vegan Fudgy Espresso Brownies Recipe Video
|Organic spelt flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unsweetened dark cocoa powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant espresso powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Aluminum-free baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Organic tropical source chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted organic extra virgin coconut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Organic banana||1 Small, mashed|
|Organic unbleached cane sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut milk/Almond milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Organic golden flaxseed meal||2 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts of choice||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted and chopped|
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 397 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.6%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan, line with parchment paper and then grease paper as well.
3. In a medium bowl; combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler to melt chocolate. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir to blend, remove from heat.
5. Add mashed banana and sugar and espresso powder to melted chocolate mixture.
6. Combine flax meal with almond milk and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract.
7. Combine the milk mixture with the chocolate mixture. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet to the dry. Mix until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix.
8. Fold in nuts and turn batter out into prepared pan.
9. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a pick inserted 2 inches from the side of the pan comes out clean. If inserted in the center it should come out slightly sticky because the middle will still be soft.
10. Cool on wire rack. Turn out onto flat surface; remove parchment paper and cut into 12-16 squares.