- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Home Grown Gourmet - Vegan Spring Rolls Recipe Video
|Coleslaw||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded, salted with lime juice|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Jalapeno||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (( to taste))|
|Colored peppers||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Cellophane noodles/Chinese vermicelli||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hydrated and chopped|
|Peanuts||1 Tablespoon, dry roasted, chopped|
|Black sesame seed||1 Teaspoon, dry roasted|
|Lime||1⁄2 Large, juiced|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) ((for peanut sauce))|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) ((for peanut sauce))|
|Tamari sauce||3 Tablespoon ((for peanut sauce))|
|Toasted sesame seed oil||1 Teaspoon ((for peanut sauce))|
|Mirin||1 Tablespoon ((for peanut sauce))|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon ((for peanut sauce))|
|Rice paper||8 Large|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3370 Calories from Fat 1326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g236.2%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g133.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.7 mg28.2%
Sodium 6891.7 mg287.2%
Total Carbohydrates 460 g153.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70.1%
Sugars 103.3 g
Protein 48 g95.6%
Vitamin A 496.4% Vitamin C 109.7%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, mix together all filling ingredients and refrigerate the mixture for overnight until it’s crunchy.
2. Individually dip each rice sheet in warm water before using for making rolls; it soaks up in few seconds and is soft enough to roll.
3. Place the softened sheet on a clean surface and place 1-2 handful of vegetable mixture at the centre and roll it.
4. For the peanut sauce, put together peanut sauce and water in a blender and blend until it is mixed up to a smooth paste.
5. Add the remaining sauces and blend until required consistency is achieved.
6. Serve the spring rolls with peanut sauce.
7. Garnish rolls with chopped green spring onions.