- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Apples With Cranberry Polenta - Part 1 - Preparing Polenta Recipe Video
|Cranberry juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey crisp apples||6 Medium, peeled and cut into thin slices|
|Coonut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Polenta||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shredded brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey/High fructose corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried ginger powder||1 Pinch|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch ((to taste))|
|Walnut||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Meyer lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1070 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1276.5 mg53.2%
Total Carbohydrates 169 g56.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 124.2 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 93.5%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 46.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, boil the cranberry juice and orange juice with a pinch of salt and brown sugar.
2. When the juices boil, gradually add the polenta and keep stirring to avoid lump formation.
3. Cook until all the moisture is absorbed; turn off the heat and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
4. When it cool, roll it in a plastic wrap like a log and chill it.
5. In a large pan, melt 3 tablespoon coconut oil and sauté the apple slices for couple of minutes.
6. Add the shredded brown sugar to the apples and let it caramelize.
7. Add honey and mix well.
8. Turn the heat to low and add the cinnamon, dried ginger powder, nutmeg a pinch of salt and chopped walnuts.
9. Add Meyer lemon juice and remove the apples in a bowl.
10. In the same pan, take 1 ½ tablespoon of coconut oil and heat the oil
11. Remove the chilled polenta from the plastic wrap and cut into slices.
12. Place the polenta slices in the pan of hot coconut oil and fry them to form a crust; cook for about 4 minutes per side.
13. Stack the browned polenta in a plate and serve with sautéed apples.