- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Holiday Unbird - Roasted Veggies Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Brussel sprout||3 Cup (48 tbs), halved|
|Mushroom||3 Cup (48 tbs), halved|
|Delicata squash||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Fennel||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Raw)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sage||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
Calories 1062 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.6%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 324.6 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48.1%
Dietary Fiber 57 g228.2%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 37 g73.5%
Vitamin A 580.2% Vitamin C 385.5%
Calcium 150.6% Iron 156.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Place all the ingredients on separate baking sheet for each vegetable, pour some oil, season with salt and pepper and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. In a pot, pour some oil and saute the shallots pour some white wine and let it bubble.
4. Meanwhile in a blender, pop the raw cashews, pour some water and blend it down for a rich creamy consistency.
5. Slowly stir in the cashew cream and keep stirring. Pop in the thyme, rosemary, sage and simmer for a couple of minutes.
6. Once the vegetable are roasted, transfer them into a bowl, pour the white wine sauce over it and give it a good toss.
7. Serve this veggie dish as an appetizer at thanksgiving or any other party.