- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Easter Goat BBQ Recipe Video
|Whole goat||1 Large|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 12222 Calories from Fat 2364
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g403.4%
Saturated Fat 79.7 g398.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6270.2 mg
Sodium 32810.3 mg1367.1%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 27.6 g110.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 2275 g4549.5%
Vitamin A 82.8% Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 239% Iron 1877%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean the goat well.
2) Mix the salt, pepper and oregano together.
3) Use a knife to slit the meat and season it from the inside.
4) Truss the goat, securing it with appropriate equipment and strong wires.
5) Sew together any open cavities and season the meat well with salt, pepper and oregano mixture.
6) Mount the goat on the spitfire barbecue.
7) Cook well on all sides, rotating as required. The goat will take about 4 hours to cook.
8) Remove the meat from the bones and serve while still hot.