- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Chicken Soup Avgolemono Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||1 Large|
|Soup rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3605 Calories from Fat 2270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 252 g387.6%
Saturated Fat 76.3 g381.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1592.1 mg
Sodium 8645.6 mg360.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 299 g597.9%
Vitamin A 76.1% Vitamin C 63.4%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 93.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean and wash the chicken.
2) Put the chicken in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, skimming the fat from the top as it collects.
3) Add the salt and pepper, cover the chicken and boil for 20-25 minutes.
4) Remove the chicken and set it on a plate. Cover with a paper towel.
5) To the stock left in the pot, add the butter and rice. Stir well.
6) Set on medium heat and cook uncovered. Stir every once in a while to keep the rice from burning.
7) Beat the eggs, add the lemon juice and beat well.
8) Take some hot soup and add to the egg and lemon mixture gradually, beating all the time. Add the mixture to a soup slowly, stirring the soup.
9) Increase heat to high and cook for a mere 10 seconds.
10) Put the cooked chicken in a soup bowl, top with the hot soup and serve right away.