- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Calamari (Squid) Recipe Video
|Calamari||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 639 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 873.8 mg
Sodium 650.7 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 65 g129.8%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 13% Iron 30.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean and cut the calamari into rings.
2) Put calamari in a strainer and wash it really well.
3) Put the calamari in a bowl, the baking soda and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4) Wash the calamari really well to get rid of all the soda.
5) Put flour and salt in a plastic bag and add the calamari. Top with some more flour.
6) Close the plastic bag and move the calamari rings around to coat well with the flour.
7) Add corn oil to frying pan over high heat.
8) Add the calamari rings and fry them for about 10 minutes, till done.
9) Let the cooked calamari drain on paper towels.
10) Serve hot.