- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Brownies Recipe Video
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain chocolate bar||1 Large|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3262 Calories from Fat 1864
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g326.2%
Saturated Fat 126.9 g634.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg
Sodium 310.3 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 315 g104.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 217.1 g
Protein 41 g82.3%
Vitamin A 131.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 19% Iron 57.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 250 degrees.
2) Add water to a medium sized pan and bring to a boil.
3) Put a smaller bowl on top of the boiling water, in the pan, and add the chocolate pieces. Let them melt (takes about 5 minutes).
4) While the chocolate is melting, mix together the sugar and eggs. Ensure that the ingredients are mixed together well.
5) Add butter to the melted chocolate and mix well.
6) Combine the chocolate and butter mixture with the egg and sugar mixture. Mix really well.
7) Add the flour, a little bit at a time, and mix well till all the flour has been incorporated.
8) Grease a nonstick ovenproof pan with some butter and sprinkle with some sugar.
9) Put the brownie batter into the greased pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
10) Remove from the oven and cut into slices once cool enough to handle.
11) Serve while still fresh. The brownies can be served at room temperature or chilled.