- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Beef Soup Recipe Video
|Beef||1 Kilogram, cleaned and chopped|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, cleaned and peeled|
|Carrots||5 Medium, cleaned and peeled|
|Onions||2 Medium, cleaned and peeled|
|Wild celery||1 Bunch (100 gm), cleaned|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1228 Calories from Fat 751
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.8%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g95.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
Sodium 1691.4 mg70.5%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.8%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 58 g116.6%
Vitamin A 257.1% Vitamin C 102.5%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 43%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Add water to a slow cooker till it is about half full.
2) Add the beef and let it cook over medium heat till thw water has started to foam.
3) Skim and discard any fat that might have risen to the surface.
4) Add the salt, pepper and olive oil, cover the cooker and let the ingredients cook for 20 minutes.
5) Remove the cover, add the potatoes, carrots, wild celery and onions.
6) Cover the cooker once again and cook over high heat for 15-20 minutes.
7) Ladle the soup into a serving bowl and serve while still hot.