- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Fit Chicken Cutlet Recipe Video
|Chicken cutlets||1 Pound, thinly sliced (1 pack used)|
|To coat the chicken cutlets|
|Sprouted wheat flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Everyday seasoning||3 Teaspoon (Chef uses Trader Joes - salt, black pepper, coriander, mustard seeds, onion, garlic, chili pepper and paprika)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon (To lightly coat a shallow pan)|
|To prepare the side dish|
|Broccoli heads||2 Medium, florets separated|
|Orange pepper||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Everyday seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (To drizzle over the steamed vegetables)|
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.4%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.8 mg
Sodium 4980.6 mg207.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.2%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 43 g85.8%
Vitamin A 31.9% Vitamin C 548.6%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Hand meat pounder - to pound the chicken cutlets
1. Take each of the chicken cutlets from the pack, pound them thin if required and keep them aside.
2. Take a flat plate, put 4 tbsp sprouted wheat flour and the everyday seasoning mix. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
3. Coat each of the chicken cutlets with the flour mixture and set aside.
4. Take a shallow pan with just enough canola oil to coat the bottom, heat it to a high temperature for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Place the coated chicken cutlets, and shallow fry each side for about 5 to 8 minutes on a medium heat.
6. Meanwhile, in a pot with a little water, steam the vegetables (broccoli florets and orange pepper).
7. When the vegetables are half done steaming, season with everyday seasoning and steam for another couple of minutes.
8. Once done, drizzle a little olive oil and turn off the heat.
9. Once the chicken cutlets are done frying, plate it up to serve.
10. Serve the chicken cutlets warm with freshly steamed broccoli and orange pepper.