- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Devil's Tempting Pecan Pie Recipe
|Pastry dough||1 (for single-crusted pie pastry)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Pound|
|Pecan halves||1 Pound|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 644 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.3%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 111.3 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 47.4 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 0.83%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry dough into a circle of 1/8 inch thickness.
3. Line a 9 inch oven-proof glass pie plate with rolled out pastry.
4. In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy and keep aside.
5. in a 2 quart thick saucepan, mix sugar and water.
6. Cook over medium heat with frequent stirring until sugar dissolves.
7. Bring the sugar syrup to full boil and cook for another 3 minutes.
8. Gradually add and stir the hot sugar syrup into the eggs.
9. Add butter into the mixture to extract it.
10. Into the pastry lined pie plate, pour the egg mixture and top with pecans in any desired pattern.
11. Bake the pie in oven for about 1 hour until set.
12. Place the pie on a rack for cooling.
13. Slice The Devil's Tempting Pecan Pie into 10 wedges and serve.