- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Best Way To Make Caramelized Onions? Low And Slow! Recipe Video
|Onions||2 Large, slice|
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 200.9 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needlarge pan
1. Begin with slicing or chopping the onions up.
2. Heat the oil and butter over medium high heat in a large pan and when the butter bubbles and foams up add your onions. Stir to coat them in the oil. Add just a little salt.
3. Stir the onions frequently for 45- 60 minutes and turn down the heat if they are browning too much too quickly.
4. Once they are nice golden brown in color turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
5. Use it with various dishes like n your quesadilla or in your pasta dish.
The darker the color of the onions the more flavorful they are.
You can freeze these too. Place them in the freezer after they have cooled off. Be sure and label them so you remember when you put them in there.