- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Best Gefilte Fish Cake Recipe Video
|Frozen gefilte fish||22 Ounce|
|Red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Red onion||1 Small, diced|
|Celery stalk||2 Large, diced|
|Light mayonnaise||5 Cup (80 tbs), divided|
|Dill||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Matzo||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely crushed|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((as needed for frying))|
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced|
|Prepared horseradish||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 840 Calories from Fat 597
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.8%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 65.4 mg21.8%
Sodium 959.8 mg40%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 73.3%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl combine gefilte fish, peppers, onions, celery, ½ cup mayonnaise, dill, salt, pepper, egg and matzo and stir well to combine.
2. Using slightly wet hands, scoop ¼ cup and form into patties. Place on a sheet pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes before frying.
3. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
4. Fry patties in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. (Can be kept warm in the oven at 250° F).
5. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice and horseradish and stir.
6. Plate 2 cakes on a small plate and garnish with a tablespoon of horseradish sauce.