- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Best Challah Dough Recipe Video
|Kosher salt||4 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Luke warm water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|For the yeast mixture|
|Active dry yeast||2 Ounce|
|Luke warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1244 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg
Sodium 1907 mg79.5%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 26 g52.1%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 63.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge mixing bowl
1. In bowl combine active dry yeast, sugar and 2 cups of water, stir until the sugar is dissolved, set aside covered.
2. In another bowl combine kosher salt, flour, sugar and egg yolks.
3. Make a well in the center and pour the yeast mixture and 4 cup of water.
4. Finally gradually add the canola oil as you are kneading, knead into smooth dough.
5. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes covered.
6. After 10 minutes, start kneading again while gradually pouring the canola oil.
7. Once done cover the bowl with wet kitchen towel and cover it with a garbage bag.
8. Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour and then knead it again using little oil, let it rise for another 1 hour covered.
9. After another hour the dough is ready.
10. Use the Challah Dough to make various variations of bread.