- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thattai Making Made Easier Recipe Video
|Rice flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coconut powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chili||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Curry leaves||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Roasted gram||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 758 Calories from Fat 508
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.2%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 242.8 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop green chili and curry leaves.
2. In a mixing bowl, place rice flour, coconut powder, green chili, curry leaves, salt, roasted gram. Add water and add make a dough.
3. Make ping pong ball sized balls of the prepared dough.
4. Place dough between two plastic sheets, flatten the dough to make thinnest possible circle.
5. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the prepared circles until they turn light golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve as an evening snack with coffee.