- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Maple Cake Recipe Video
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cake mix||500 Gram (bett cocker's super moist cake mix.)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground clove||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla frosting||906 Gram (betty crocker creamy deluxe french vanilla frosting- 2 tubs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Fruit chutney||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 605 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 586 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 93.8 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 0.92%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven.
2. In a saucepan, place together all the dried fruits, apple cider and cinnamon, and stir well to mix.
3. Heat and bring to a boil, allow to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. In a bowl, prepare the cake mix as per packet instructions.
5. Add in the ground spices, and maple syrup.
6. In 2 lightly greased baking tins, pour in equal amount of cake mix.
7. Place the baking tins in preheated oven and bake as per the packet instructions.
8. Remove the cake and allow it to cool in tin for 10 minutes.
9. Loosen the cake but moving a knife around the edges of cake tin.
10. Invert both the cakes on a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
11. In a bowl, put the frosting and stir in the maple syrup.
12. Place 1 cake up side down on a cake platter.
13. Put ¼ of the frosting and spread all over the top.
14. Put about ¾ of fruit chutney all over the frosting and put the other cake layer on top place it top side up.
15. Drop the remaining frosting on top and spread it on top as well as on sides of the cake.
16. On the top of cake make a ring with remaining chutney.
17. Cut and serve as desired