- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes||4 Pound, peeled|
|Syrup of maple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pancake syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh)|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.2 mg1.1%
Sodium 120.3 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 515.7% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Boil whole sweet potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes.
3. Drain off water and allow potatoes to cool.
4. In small saucepan combine maple syrup and pancake syrup and heat on medium-low until reduced by half.
5. Add butter and cranberries to syrup; simmer for about 5 minutes, until the cranberries begin to pop open.
6. Slice cooled sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch rounds, and arrange in ceramic tart dish or casserole.
7. Pour cranberry glaze over sweet potatoes.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
9. Serve hot.