- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Soup Recipe Video
|Prepared stuffing||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||2 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Bay leaf||1 Medium|
|Chicken stock||2 Quart|
|Turkey/Chicken||1 1⁄2 Pound, cooked and diced (leftover)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen (or leftover optional) (Optional)|
Calories 624 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.1 mg
Sodium 1305.3 mg54.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 38 g75.1%
Vitamin A 87.8% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil and add carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper.
2. Allow the vegetables to cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly or until they are tender and crisp.
3. Pour in the chicken stock and add a bay leaf, allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add in turkey and peas, allow to heat for 5 more minutes or until the turkey is warm.
5. Take the pot off the heat and add in the parsley before serving and remove bay leaf, stir well.
6. In a soup bowl, place a good-sized scoop of stuffing in the center.
7. Ladle soup over the stuffing and serve hot.