- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Wine Turkey Gravy Recipe Video
|Turkey fat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs) (or juice from slow cooked turkey)|
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.8%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.6 mg
Sodium 429.3 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a large saucepan on flame, and heat turkey fat in it.
2. Drop flour and mix to incorporate.
3. Pour red wine and mix it in.
4. Pour stock, and let it simmer for a couple of minutes or until the sauce thickens.
5. In a bowl, strain sauce to remove any lumps.
6. Serve gravy with roasted turkey.
Skim turkey fat from slow cooked turkey. If you do not have enough turkey fat then add butter or any other fat to make it ½ cup.