- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe Video
|Maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt/Kosher salt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turkey||14 Pound, Defrosted|
|Orange||1 Large, halved|
|Onion||1 Medium, quatered|
|Star anise||3 Medium|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 925 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.8%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 381 mg127%
Sodium 8116.2 mg338.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.78 g3.1%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 109 g217.4%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large stock pot with gallon of water of cold water, add maple syrup, orange juice, onion, cloves, peppercorn and star anise. Stir it well.
3. Wash turkey and place breast side down in the stockpot with the brine.
4. Refrigerate 18 hours to 2 days.
5. Take the turkey out of the brine and rinse inside and out with cold water, discarding brine.
6. Place the turkey on a roasting rack and pat it dry with a kitchen towel.
7. When the turkey is dry, rub it with oil.
9. Pop it into the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
10. Pour 1 cup of water in the pan, reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue to roast for 1 hour.
11. Turn the pan into the oven and cook for another 90 minutes.
12. Let the turkey rest for 20-30 minutes.
13. Slice and serve with gravy or Cranberry-Wee-Sauce.