- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Recipes for Children: How to Make Pecan Pie with Kids Recipe Video
|Brown rice syrup/Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Raw pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unbaked pie crust||1|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg
Sodium 241.8 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a pie dish with pie crust. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add rice syrup, eggs, brown sugar, unsalted butter, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk well to combine all. Add the pecans and stir to mix.
4. Pour the pecan mix into the pie crust lined pie dish.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool completely before serving.
6. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve it as a dessert.