- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Leftovers - Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipe Video
|Chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs) (store bought or homemade)|
|Chicken meat||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Carrots||3 Large, sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Dumplings||12 Ounce (yolk free noodle dumplings)|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.5 mg
Sodium 648.6 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 96.8% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot on high heat, pour in the chicken stock and bring it to a rolling boil.
2. Once it starts boiling, add the celery and onions and mix well.
3. Add in the carrots and dried parsley and stir well. Cover it and let it simmer for about 10 - 12 minutes or until the vegetables turn soft.
4. Stir in the shredded chicken and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir well and let it simmer for another 8 - 10 minutes.
5. Add the dumplings, mix well and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
6. After 15 minutes, switch off the gas and serve.
7. Serve this chicken and dumpling soup hot.