- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Ideas: Herb Butter Roasted Bone-In Turkey Breast & Cornbread Dressing Part 2 Recipe Video
|For the turkey|
|Turkey breasts||3 (bone-in and thawed)|
|Gala apples||2 Medium, quartered|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|For the marinade for injection|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (slightly cracked)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For herb butter rub|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Italian parsley||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|All purpose seasoning||2 Tablespoon (Grand Diamond)|
|For the corn bread|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the cornbread dressing|
|Crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Dry Stuffing Crumbs)|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh sage||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1301 Calories from Fat 804
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.6%
Saturated Fat 42.1 g210.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360.7 mg
Sodium 628.8 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 62 g123.5%
Vitamin A 48.5% Vitamin C 38.5%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 44%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPoultry injector.
9 x 13 Dish dish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the onions and apples into quarter and finely chop rosemary, thyme and parsley, keep it aside.
3. In a large roasting pan arrange the onions and apples at the bottom, keep it aside until needed.
4. Place the turkey on the cutting board and pat it dry, make a pocket between the skin and meat.
5. In a medium sauce pan combine olive oil and the cracked garlic, infuse the garlic in the oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
6. Keep stirring to avoid garlic from burning, once golden brown remove from the oil and throw the garlic away.
7. In the same pot slowly add the orange juice, sugar; salt and pepper continue cooking for 10 minutes or until it has reduced.
8. After 10 minutes strain the marinade in a small bowl, Draw the marinade through the injector and inject the turkey breast in as many areas as possible.
9. For the herb butter rub, in medium bowl combine butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt and Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning and mix well using a fork.
10. Rub the turkey breasts with the butter rub, spread it evenly, sprinkle black pepper, salt and paprika is needed.
11. Place the turkey in the roasting pan along with the onions and apples, once done cook the breasts uncovered on the top rack of the oven for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 160-165 degrees.
12. Once the turkey is done let it rest for 15 minutes and then serve.
13. Serve the turkey breast along with the cornbread on the side.
FOR THE CORNBREAD
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
2. Dice onion, celery and bell pepper keep it aside.
3. Finely chop the garlic, fresh sage, thyme and fresh Italian parsley, keep everything side separately in a bowl.
4. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and keep it ready.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
6. Make a well and pour the buttermilk, oil, and eggs, using a whisk, combine all the ingredients slowly from the side and coming to the center.
7. Mix until the ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth.
8. Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.
9. Once done remove, allow it to cool and then crumble the cornbread in the same baking dish.
10. Next, in a pan sauté the onions, bell pepper and celery in butter until it sweat completely.
11. Once done pour the sautéed onion over the crumbled cornbread and add the fresh thyme, sage and parsley.
12. Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and then add the low sodium chicken broth, adjust the seasoning as required.
13. Bake it in the preheat oven for 50-60 minutes.
14. Serve the cornbread along with the roasted turkey breast.
If the butter won’t stick to the breasts well due to the breasts being slightly wet from the marinade, microwave the butter for a few seconds and massage it under and on top of the skin of the breasts.