- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Dessert Pear Pistachio Crisp Recipe Video
|Pears||5 Medium, peeled, cored and diced|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs) (old fashioned)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 483 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g55.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43 mg14.3%
Sodium 85.6 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 32.1 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 5% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the pears and cinnamon. Add lemon juice.
3. In another bowl, whisk oats, flour, brown sugar and salt.
4. Add butter to this dry mixture and mix it well with hands. Add pistachios and set aside.
5. In a greased baking dish, pour pears and cover with oats mixture.
6. Pop it into the oven for 40-45 minutes.
7. Serve it with vanilla ice cream or plain Greek yogurt.