- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry and Sausage Cornbread Stuffing-Holiday Series Recipe Video
|Cornbread stuffing mix||28 Ounce|
|Mild sausage||1 Pound|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes/Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 32.7 mg10.9%
Sodium 1475.6 mg61.5%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a non-stick pan, put the sausage, mash it with a fork and cook it until partly cooked.
3. Put a zip lock plastic bag over a bag holder.
4. In the bag, put in garlic powder, salt, sage, onion powder, poultry seasoning, pepper, dried cranberries and broth, and stir to mix.
5. Add in the stuffing mix on top and put in the sausage over the stuffing mix.
6. Pull the bag from the holder, seal partly and remove the air.
7. Seal the bag completely and turn it around to mix completely.
8. In a 9 X 13 inch baking dish or foil pan, put the stuffing mixture and cover it.
9. Bake it in oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges just starts to get crispy and brown and the center is still moist.
10. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve hot.
You can freeze the stuffing mixture in the bag, and defrost and bake it whenever needed.