- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||1 , peeled, diced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmigiano reggiano||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Ricotta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (frozen)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced (2-3)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce (1 stick)|
|Sage||10 Gram (about 10 leaves)|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
Calories 990 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.1%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190.3 mg
Sodium 322.1 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.3%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 878.8% Vitamin C 164.4%
Calcium 68.4% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
2. In an oven safe dish, lay chopped squash, and drizzle olive oil on it. Pop it in oven for 35 minutes or until nice and soft.
3. For filling, in a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, egg, parmesan cheese, garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper.
4. Add lemon zest, and mix it well.
5. Drop cooked squash into ricotta mixture. Gently mix it well.
6. For topping sauce, in a pan, melt butter until brown and bubbly.
7. Drop sage leaves in it. Stir well.
8. Turn off the heat, and pour lemon juice in it. Mix well.
9. Gently fill mixture into the shells. Fill it to the top, and do not over stuff.
10. Place it on a baking sheet, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
11. Pour butter sauce over it. Sprinkle some fresh sage leaves.
13. Pop baking sheet into 425 degree F oven, and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
14. Serve butternut squash stuffed shells hot with a glass of wine.