- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Spicy Fish Fry Recipe Video
|Fish fillets/Talapia fish||2 (or salmon or haddock)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted peanut||2 Tablespoon, finely crushed|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 814 Calories from Fat 520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.2%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.9 mg68.3%
Sodium 762.1 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.86%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wok, preheat the oil to 350 F for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. In a plate, put together flour and crushed peanuts.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the fish, and add garlic powder, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, chilli sauce, and egg and mix well to coat the fish.
4. Roll the fish in the flour mixture and make sure it coats the fish evenly.
5. Put the fish carefully in hot oil and let it fry for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown in top.
6. Remove the fish and drain it in a strainer.
7. Serve hot as desired.