- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Thai Sardine Dip Recipe Video
|Green chillies||5 Small|
|Green chillies||5 Large|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Palm sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Chilli||2 Medium, sliced|
|Sardines||1 Can (10 oz) (in tomato sauce)|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg22.2%
Sodium 442.1 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 18 g35.7%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 334%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grill eggplant, tomatoes, shallots, onion and garlic in a oven pre heated at 180 degree Celsius. Grill it for 7 minutes.
2. Once the vegetables and grilled, let it cool and then peel the skin.
3. In mortar pound the peeled eggplant, tomatoes, chillies and shallots.
4. Add sardines and garlic and then pound it till it becomes a fine paste.
5. Transfer this paste into a bowl and add fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar to it.
6. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
7. Serve it in a bowl and sprinkle chopped shallots over it and garnish it with green chillies.
8. Serve the dip along with rice crackers or papadums or it can also be served along with steamed or fried rice, fish or steamed vegetables.