- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Salty Pork Recipe Video
|Lemon grass stalk||1 Medium, slice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Oyster sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the pork|
|Pork belly/Pork tenderlion||1 Pound, chop|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 873.9 mg36.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 32 g63.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMedium saucepan
1. Cut the pork into bite size pieces, set aside
2. Slice the lemon grass; mince the garlic, set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan add the pork belly, pour water and add the salt, cook the pork until completely cooked.
4. Once done drain the water and set aside.
5. In a wok pour oil and sauté the garlic until brown, add pork and stir.
6. Add lemon grass, sugar, oyster sauce and fish sauce, stir and cook until the pork turns red and crispy.
7. Add fish sauce if the sauce becomes too dry, once done turn on the heat.
8. Serve the thai salty pork with steamed rice.