- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Red Fish Curry Recipe Video
|Bamboo shoot||4 Small, thinly sliced|
|Thai eggplants||4 Small, quartered|
|Coconut milk||13 1⁄2 Ounce, divided|
|Thai red curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Catfish||1 Pound, chop (chop into small pieces)|
|Lime leaves||3 Small (kafir lime leaves)|
|Sugar/Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Thai basil leaves||1 Small|
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.6%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g107%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 1117.4 mg46.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g86.8%
Sugars 29.7 g
Protein 34 g67.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWok
1. Cut the bottom of the bamboo shoot and then thinly slice them, quarter the thai eggplants, set aside.
2. Cut the catfish into small pieces, set aside.
3. Preheat the wok over high heat, pour ½ cup of the coconut milk and add the red curry paste, stir until you see the oil on the surface.
4. Add the fish and kafir lime leaves and stir well and cook the fish for 2-3 minutes or until done, do not stir too much.
5. Add the bamboo shoots, eggplant, sugar and fish sauce, stir everything together until well combined.
6. Finally add the remaining coconut milk and give it a last final stir and cook for 5-7 minutes until everything is tender.
7. Serve the thai red fish curry along with steamed rice and garnish with thai sweet basil.