- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Sweet And Sour Catfish Recipe Video
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fish pieces coated in flour||1 Pound|
|Sliced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon grass pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Pieces)|
|Thai chilies||2 Teaspoon (In Pieces)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (In Pieces)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Asparagus||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (In Pieces)|
|Chopped celery||1 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (In Pieces)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1373 Calories from Fat 1175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g204.7%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.5 mg
Sodium 851.7 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
This Thai fish with hot sauce is perfect for your spicy food craving. It has the goodness of fish and a little indulgence tucked in… Enjoy!
Directions for preparation:
• Add some oil in a pan/wok and set he temperature to 360-370 F.
• When the oil is hot place the fish in one by one and deep fry them till they are golden brown- about 7-10 minutes.
• When the fish are done, take then out and drain them on a paper towel. Set them on a plate.
• Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same or separate wok and add in the ginger, lemon grass and Thai chilies. Stir them a little.
• Add the cherry tomatoes and the sugar.
• Add the chicken stock, asparagus, celery, fish sauce and tamarind concentrate.
• Stir it well together and cook till the sauce thickens.
• Add the spring onions.
• Stir it in again.
• Turn the heat off and pour the sauce over the fish.
• Garnish with chopped parsley.