- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Black Beans In Coconut Milk Recipe Video
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 497 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 40.8 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 8% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSaucepan
1. Soak the black beans in water for 3-4 hours or overnight.
2. Drain the beans and set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium high heat, pour the coconut milk add sugar and salt and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Once the coconut comes to a boil add the black beans and cook for 5 minutes or until the beans are cooked.
5. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
6. Serve the black beans in coconut milk after a hearty meal.