- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Style Seafood Soup Recipe
|Fish stock||2 Pint (1.2 Liter)|
|Lemon grass stalk||1 , split lengthways|
|Lime/1 lime leaf||1⁄2 , rind pared|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Inch, sliced|
|Chili paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Puree)|
|Spring onions||6 , sliced|
|Large prawns||7 Ounce, peeled and deveined (200 Gram)|
|Scallops||9 Ounce (250 Gram, 20 Pieces)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped red pepper/Fresh red chili rings||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 0.7 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.5 mg
Sodium 590.1 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 24 g47.7%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pan, add stock, lime leaf or lime grind, lemon grass, chili puree and ginger. Bring the mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Halve spring onions lengthwise and then make thin slices, crossways. Halve prawns, lengthwise, without disturbing the tails.
3. Drain stock and keep it back in the pan and simmer gently. Stir in the spring onions and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Faste and add salt to taste. If required add more chili puree.
4. Add pawns and scallops, poach for a minute till prawns curl and they trun opaue.
5. Add coriander, garnish with red chili or red pepper rings and serve in warmed soup bowls.