- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Inspired Dinner Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||1 Small|
|For the marinade|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crush and minced|
|Thai chilies||3 Medium, chopped|
|Kosher salt||To Taste (For seasoning)|
|Black pepper||To Taste (For seasoning)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon grass stalk||1 Medium, chopped|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|For the green papaya salad|
|Palm sugar/Regular sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green papaya||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (Seeds scooped out)|
|Green beans||6 Medium|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fish sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried shrimp||1 Tablespoon|
|Thai chilies||2 Medium|
|Cherry tomatoes/Grape tomatoes||5 Medium, halved|
|Peanuts||2 Tablespoon, toasted and crushed (Optional)|
Calories 1083 Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.8%
Saturated Fat 30.4 g152%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.7 mg
Sodium 1522 mg63.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 77 g154.8%
Vitamin A 31.9% Vitamin C 104.1%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a mortar and pestle and put the garlic, Thai chilies, cilantro and lemon grass into it. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the juice from 1 lime into it. Also add a dash of fish sauce if you want to.
2. Grind coarsely so that all the ingredients are blended.
3. Take a container and add a cup of coconut milk into it. Add the grounded mix from the mortar and pestle into this container. Set it aside.
4. Prepare the chicken by cutting out the backbone and flattening the breast till it cracks.
5. Cut slits into the thickest portions of the meat and spread the marinade liberally all over the chicken and set it aside for about an hour.
To make the salad:
6. In a mortar and pestle, crush a clove of garlic, add some of the green beans and a couple of cherry tomatoes. Pound it to juice the tomatoes and crush the beans.
7. Add the chili peppers and transfer it into a bowl. Add the shredded papaya and toss well.
5. Set the chicken on a heated grill with the skin side up first and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side.
6. Serve warm with the green papaya salad.
If the papaya is too ripe, you can balance out the taste by adding in some shredded daikon radish.