- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Sticky Rice Recipe Video
|Sticky rice/Glutinous rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for steaming)|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.51 g0.78%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the rice in water for at least 3 hours. Drain the water and set aside.
2. In the steamer pot over medium heat, pour water.
3. Put the soaked rice in the bamboo basket, rinse with water and place over the steamer pot.
4. Cover the rice with a lid and steam it for about 20 minutes.
5. Serve the steamed rice with any curry.