- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Rice Chicken Soup ( Khao Tom Gai ) Recipe Video
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken boneless||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked white rice/Brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), steamed|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Chicken broth||2 Teaspoon (Knorr)|
|Maggi seasoning sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fried garlic||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 47.6 mg
Sodium 318.8 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 62.2% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a soup pot, boil water and add chicken together with rice, carrot, celery, garlic and ginger. Stir well.
2. Add in the chicken broth. Stir and cook it for 5-10 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes and stir in the mushrooms.
4. Season it with salt, pepper and Maggi seasoning sauce.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to the serving bowl.
6. Top with green onion, cilantro and fried garlic.
7. Serve the Thai Rice Chicken Soup hot for breakfast or dinner.