- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Pork Stuffed Omelettes Recipe
|Green chili||1 Small, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Minced pork||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Shelled prawns||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Gram)|
|Plum tomato||1 Large, chopped|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Chopped fresh coriander||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Fish sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chili flowers||1⁄4 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.1%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 479.1 mg
Sodium 812.3 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 26 g51.4%
Vitamin A 53.9% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 9% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a frying pan or wok and heat oil in it for the filling.
2) Sauté the chilli, garlic and shallots for 3 minutes in the heated oil until softened.
3) Add and cook the minced pork till it changes color breaking it up as it cooks.
4) Stir in all the remaining filling ingredients and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
5) Take off the mixture from the heat and keep warm while making the omelettes.
6) To make the omelettes, take a mixing bowl and beat the eggs well with the fish sauce and 5 ml (1 tsp) water until well blended and slightly foamy.
7) Take a small heavy-based frying pan and heat half the oil in it.
8) Pour in half the egg mixture when it starts hazing.
9) Minimize the heat and cook the egg mixture by pulling it from the side of the pan as it sets.
10) Let the uncooked egg mixture pass to the pan edges.
11) On setting, gently toss the egg mixture to cook the top or grill under a preheated griller to brown.
12) Add half the pork mixture to the centre of the omelette to enclose completely.
13) Keep warm after transferring to a serving dish.
14) Repeat the same with the remaining egg and pork mixture.
15) Garnish with chilli flowers and serve.