- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Meatballs Recipe
|Ground pork/Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.4%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg
Sodium 485.1 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, mix beef, basil, mint, ginger, fish sauce, garlic, cinnamon, fennel and pepper with hands or spoon until well combined.
2) Grease a cutting board with 1 tablespoon oil and make a 12 X 8-inch rectangle on it with the meat mixture.
3) Slice it lengthwise into 4 pieces and then crosswise into 8 pieces to form 32 squares and figure each square into a ball.
4) In a large skillet or wok, over medium-high heat, heat remaining oil and cook meatballs in single layer for 8 to 10 minutes until they lose their pink color in centers, but turn brown on all sides.
5) With a slotted spoon, remove meatballs and drain on paper towels.
6) Repeat this in several batches till the mixture is used up.
7) Cover and cool the meatballs in refrigerator up to 2 days in advance or freeze for longer storage.
8) Defrost and use as required.