- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coconut Lime Cilantro Rice Recipe Video
|Canned coconut milk||14 Ounce|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Jasmine rice/Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lime||2 , zested and juiced|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g33%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89.9 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C 18%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot over medium high heat, pour the coconut milk, water, stir to mix and add in the rice.
2. Stir it and allow to come to a boil.
3. Once the rice mixture comes to boil, turn down the heat to low, put the lid on and allow to cook for about 25 minutes.
4. After 25 minutes, add in the lime zest and juice, salt and cilantro.
5. Using a fork fluff the rice and also mix well.
6. Serve hot as desired.