- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
|For curry paste|
|Coriander||20 Gram, stalks and leaves separated|
|Shallots||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Lemongrass||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger root||1⁄3 Inch, finely chopped|
|Hot green chili||3 Small, finely chopped (Include The Seeds)|
|Green chili||1 Large, finely chopped (Include The Seeds, Mild To Medium)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Small Handful Of)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled dried kaffir lime leaves||1 Teaspoon (Freeze Dried)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sunflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For the curry|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Low fat coconut milk||400 Milliliter|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||450 Gram, cut into bite-size pieces (3 Breasts)|
|Fish sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated palm sugar/Light muscovado sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime leaves||4 , freeze dried|
|Mange-tout||4 Ounce, thinly sliced lengthways (100 Gram)|
|Green beans||4 Ounce, halved lengthways (100 Gram)|
|Spring onion||2 , finely shredded (For Serving)|
|Thai rice||9 Ounce, cooked (For Serving, 250 Gram, Fragrant Rice)|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.2 mg
Sodium 401.5 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 104.9%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mini food blender or small food processor, add the finely chopped coriander stalks , shallots, lemongrass, garlic and ginger and blend until smooth .
2) Further add the chillies, basil, 3/4 of the coriander leaves, the ground cumin, coriander, pepper, lime leaves and lime juice, and blend well. Stir in the oil and keep the curry paste aside.
3) In a non-stick wok or deep saute pan, stir in 1/2 the curry paste in the heated oil and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in 2/3 coconut milk into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until slightly reduced and thick.
4) Add the chicken, then stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then stir in the fish sauce and sugar. Pour the remaining coconut milk to give a thin creamy consistency.
5) Reduce the heat, stir in the lime leaves and simmer gently for 5 minutes until the chicken is done.
6) Steam the mangetout and beans for a few of minutes.
7) Spoon the curry in bowls, piled on the vegetables along with the spring onions and a few coriander leaves.
8) Serve the bowl of curry alongwith a bowl of Thai fragrant rice, garnished with the lime wedges.