- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Eggplant Salad Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Red pepper flakes||To Taste, crushed|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Green onions||2 (1 Package)|
Calories 71 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.46 g0.71%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1168.4 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 19.2% Vitamin C 36.2%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place shallots, garlic, cilantro and red pepper flakes on a cutting board.
2) In the first step,mince those on the cutting board, then mash to a paste with the help of side of a chef's knife.
3) Pare eggplants and cut into strips of 2 x 3/4 x 3/4-inch size.
4) Steam the cut strips in a colander or vegetable steamer over boiling water 7 to 10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
5) Allow to cool to room temperature.
6) In a large mixing bowl, mix together cooled eggplant strips, shallot mixture, fish sauce, lemon juice, lime juice, lemon peel and lime peel.
7) Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
8) Spoon the mixture into a serving dish and serve at room temperature garnished with green onions.