- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Crab Spring Rolls Recipe
|Lump crabmeat||8 Ounce, picked over for shell and cartilage (Fresh)|
|Peanut oil||11 Tablespoon (3 Tablespoons Plus 1/2 Cup, Use More If Needed)|
|Finely shredded cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snow peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely slivered|
|Slivered leek/Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mung bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Peeled minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Thai fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili oil||1 Dash|
|Spring roll wrappers||5 (8 Inches Square, Available In Asian Markets)|
|Boston lettuce head||2 , leaves separated, rinsed, and patted dry|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh mint sprigs||2 (For Garnish)|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Fresh cilantro sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Sweet garlic sauce/Indonesian soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.7%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 766.8 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 19 g38.1%
Vitamin A 98.6% Vitamin C 81.5%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil, over medium heat.
2) Add the cabbage and saute for 3 minutes, tossing constantly. Remove the cabbage to a bowl.
3) To the skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon oil.
4) Now, add the snow peas, and saute for 3 minutes.
5) Add the snow peas to the cabbage. The vegetables should be softened but still retain some crunch.
6) To the same skillet, add another 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
7) Add the leeks, bean sprouts, cilantro, garlic, and ginger, and saute for 2 minutes.
8) Stir in the crabmeat, fish sauce, soy sauce, and chili oil.
9) Take off heat and add to the cabbage and snow peas.
10) Toss all the ingredients together well. Set aside.
12) Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the cornstarch and water.
13) Cut the spring roll wrappers to form 4 triangles from each wrapper.
14) On a clean work surface, place a triangle with the long side facing you.
15) Place 1 tablespoon of the crab mixture in the center of the long side, about 1/2 inch from the edge.
16) Fold the ends of the long side in towards the center over the filling.
17) Brush the opposite tip of the wrapper with the cornstarch mixture, then roll the spring roll towards the tip and press lightly to seal. Repeat the process until all the filling has been used.
18) In a nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 cup peanut oil over medium heat until hot.
19) Fry the spring rolls in small batches for about 2 minutes per side, until golden. Add more oil to the skillet if necessary.
20) Drain on paper towels.
21) To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on one side of a large serving plate and the hot spring rolls on the other. Pile the mint and cilantro leaves in the center. Garnish with a few sprigs of mint and cilantro. Serve along with dipping sauces.