- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Chicken Fettuccine Salad Recipe
|Uncooked fettuccine||6 Ounce|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chunky peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||15 Ounce, cut into 1-inch pieces (3 Halves)|
|Lettuce leaves/Savoy cabbage leaves||4 (Optional)|
|Coarsely chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thin red pepper strips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into thin strips|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg
Sodium 363.6 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 25 g49.6%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Follow package directions to cook pasta and drain well.
2) In the meantime, in a small saucepan, over low heat, mix salsa, peanut butter, honey, orange juice, soy sauce and ginger and stir cook until blended and smooth.
3) In a large bowl, spoon salsa mixture over the drained pasta, saving 1/4 cup salsa mixture for later use and then toss pasta to coat gently with the mixture.
4) In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil and sauté chicken in it for about 5 minutes until chicken loses pink color in center.
5) Mix in saved salsa mixture.
6) On a serving platter, place lettuce leaves, if desired.
7) Top with pasta and then chicken mixture.
8) Add cilantro, peanut halves and pepper strips on top of this and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature by refrigerating.
9) If desired, serve with more salsa.