- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Beef and Basil Stirfry - Thai Cooking Recipe Video
|For the chili pepper-garlic mix|
|Chili pepper||1 Medium|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For the beef|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Skirt steak||250 Gram, sliced|
|Green beans/Long beans||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Chili pepper||1 Medium, sliced|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar/Palm sugar||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 132.3 mg44.1%
Sodium 3204.8 mg133.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 34.8% Vitamin C 176.8%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Mortar & pestle
1. In a mortar and pestle, pound roughly chopped red chili pepper, garlic, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil on high heat until it starts to smoke, then add the chili garlic mix. Stir well for about a minute until its fragrant.
4. Add in the sliced skirt steak and continue mixing and cooking for another minute. Add in the sauce mixture and combine. Stir in the green beans and sliced chili pepper, mix well.
5. Add in fresh basil leaves and combine. Check and adjust the taste if required. Balance the spice with a touch of palm sugar or brown sugar.
6. Serve this dish along with a bowl of steamed rice and top it with a crisp fried egg.