- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Texas Peas Corn Caviar Recipe Video
|Black eyed pea||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Zesty dressing||4 Ounce|
|White shoepeg corn||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Scallions||4 , chopped finely|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 Large, seeded and chopped|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), washed and chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (Ro-tel lime and cilantro tomatoes)|
|Cayenne peper||1 Dash|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 154.3 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain off the liquid from black eyed peas and corn, and set aside.
2. Using a sharp knife, finely chop the green onions and bell pepper and set aside.
3. Wash, dry and chop the cilantro and set aside.
4.In a large bowl, mix together corn, Ro-tel tomatoes and black-eyed peas to combine.
5. Add in green onions, bell peppers and cilantro.
6. Stir to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
7. Pour in dressing, mix well, cover and let it sit overnight or until serving time in the refrigerator.
8. Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips or serve over steamed fish or chicken as desired.