- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Texas Pork Chops Recipe
|Condensed chili beef soup||11 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cooked rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced ripe olives||2 Tablespoon|
|Pork chops||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Thick)|
|Tomatoes||16 Ounce, chopped and drained (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Clove||1 Medium, minced|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 80.9 mg
Sodium 317.8 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim off excess fats on chops.
2. Take a bowl and combine rice, ¼ cup soup, olives and green pepper.
3. Create a pocket by slitting each chop from the outer edge and fill it with rice mixture.
4. Fasten the chops with skewers or toothpicks.
5. Take a skillet, brown chops, and drain off excess fat.
6. Stir in tomatoes, garlic cloves and onions and cook by covering for about 1 ¼ hours until the ingredients get blended well. Mixture should be stirred occasionally during the cooking time.
7. Serve the Texas Pork Chops with beans or mash, spooning the thick gravy sauce on top.