- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tex Mex Salad Recipe Video
|Zucchini||3 Medium, diced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||2 Large (Juice of two lemons)|
|Jasmine rice||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Precooked)|
|Corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cilantro/Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, dice|
|Scallion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green chillies||4 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon, ground (Toasted)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4171 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 550 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 863 g287.5%
Dietary Fiber 40.3 g161.4%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 91 g182.5%
Vitamin A 290.1% Vitamin C 1212.4%
Calcium 82.2% Iron 132.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan with a little olive oil.
2. Sauté the zucchini until it's soft for 5 min.
3. Place the cooked zucchini in a bowl, pour lemon juice over it and give it a nice toss.
4. Place the cooked rice in a bowl, add corn and zucchini to it ,just mix to combine and set that aside.
5. Pop the chopped red bell pepper, chopped scallions, green chilies, cumin seeds, season with salt and pepper and combine well.
6. let the rice salad sit for 15 minutes before you serve as an appetizer.