- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tex Mex Omelet - George Duran (DishandDine Cookbook Author Series) Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Salsa||1⁄2 Tablespoon (spicy)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more)|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Pepperjack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 576.7 mg
Sodium 879.6 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 22 g43.5%
Vitamin A 43.9% Vitamin C 67.9%
Calcium 34.2% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan. Put olive oil on it. Once hot add the onion, green and red bell peppers. Saute for a minute. Add the salsa and cilantro and mix well to combine. Turn off the heat and transfer them into a bowl.
2. In a bowl, break the eggs. Add taco seasoning, black pepper and milk. Whisk it well to combine. Set aside.
3. In a pan on medium low, heat butter till it melts. Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture and let it cook. Make sure it does not stick to the edges of the pan by running a spatula around.
4. Once the eggs are done spread 1/2 of the filling on one side of the omelette. Sprinkle cheese generously on top.
5. Mark the center of the omelette and using a spatula slowly turn the free side of the omelette to cover the filling (like closing a book).
6. Let it cook for another 2 minutes or till the cheese melts. Turn off the heat.
7. In a serving plate, serve the omelette with a doll up of sour cream.