- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tex Mex Oieese Ball Recipe
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (2 cups)|
|Light cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 package, Neufchatel)|
|Reduced calorie margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Canned green chiles||4 Ounce, drained (1 can, 1/4 cup)|
|Nacho cheese flavored baked tortilla chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed (light (1/3 less oil))|
|Fresh parsley/Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg
Sodium 1104.3 mg46%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 28.1%
Calcium 76.2% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a blender, mix together cheddar and cream cheese, margarine, onion powder, garlic powder.
2) Process the cheese mixture until creamy.
3) Remove the cheese mixture in a bowl by scrapping the sides of the blender with spatula.
4) Fold the chillies in the cheese mixture.
5) Put the lid on the bowl and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
6) In a flat plate, spread crushed tortilla and parsley.
7) Shape the cheese mixture into 1 inch balls and coat it in tortilla mixture.
8) Serve with tortilla chips if desired.